January 29, 2016
Teepa Snow - new DVD
Lewy body dementia : what everyone needs to know
the skills that Teepa Snow demonstrates are useful for relating to and caring for people living with other types of dementia.
- about common LBD symptoms
- how to get a good and complete diagnosis
- about commonly prescribed anti-psychotic medications that can have potentially harmful or even deadly side effects if given to a person suffering from LBD. Know which medications are safer alternatives
- how to adapt your caregiving skills to the needs of a person with LBD
- how to utilize visual and verbal cues to increase understanding and cooperation
- about hands-on skills for LBD
Includes practical information on mid to late stage dementia, sleep problems, hallucinations, practical tips on daily care, activities of daily living, medication issues , and how to talk to doctors about medications – it is a very hands on approach . It also describes how Lewy bodies are more prevalent than previously thought.
These resources are available for loan to members of AANSW - if you would like to reserve them please email the Library on email@example.com