Advanced Australia : the politics of ageing
by Stephen McAdam
The Contented Retirement is written for readers who are about to retire, or are already retired, and wish to be pleasantly occupied with a mind pastime.
The book offers a medley of intelligent interests for all ages and tastes:
- Learn more about our galaxy, its stars and planets.
- Look back at the origins of mankind and some of the great prehistoric civilizations, and visit archaeological sites in exotic places.
- Meet new faces to play bridge, chess or Go, an ancient and exciting Asiatic board game.
- Trace your roots and widen family links to build your family tree.
- Join in the action to save the environment for our grandchildren.
- Take on computer skills to know more, and communicate with friends, via the internet.
- Take better pictures and process your digital photos by computer.
- Help others and meet others by giving your time and ideas to charity work.
- Try your hand at painting or calligraphy.
- Tell fairy tales to build bonds with your grandchildren.
- Learn to play the guitar.
- Speak another language to reach out to people from other cultures.