- Increase in numbers of people diagnosed with dementia – new figures show that the number of people diagnosed with dementia in England has rising by 62% over the past 7 years
- British Standards Institution standard for dementia-friendly communities under development
- Dementia-friendly parliament
Research summaries p. 35-36
- Impact of dementia - Literature review on the effects of dementia on individuals, their families and nursing staff
- Exercise to improve walking –study aimed to determine whether a specific, standardized training regimen can improve gait in people with dementia
- Life awareness through therapy dogs – report on a research team in Sweden video-recorded interactions between people with AD and visiting dogs.
- Doll therapy – synopsis of doll therapy and a summary of current evidence, along with discussion of key ethical issues.
- Assistive technology – review explores the provision of assistive technology products and services currently available within the UK
- End of life care staff perceptions – Belgian study
- Palliative care education – a narrative review of evaluations of palliative care education for those working with people with dementia at the end of life
preparation – detailed training needs analysis and staff perceptions of
their preparation to care for people with dementia