June 25, 2014

Two powerful DVDs for those recently diagnosed and those close to them

These resources are available for loan to members of AANSW - if you would like to reserve them please email the Library on nsw.library@alzheimers.org.au

Live outside the stigma
by Richard Taylor
These are the thoughts I so wish I had access to just after I was diagnosed.  It took lots of living to work out and work through these conclusions concerning the myths and stigmas that automatically come with the words "Richard you have Dementia, probably of this or that type."
These are the words I wish someone far wiser and more experienced than I had spoken to me shortly after I was diagnosed.



20 questions 100 answers 6 perspectives :A compilation of honest answers about Dementia from medical doctors, professional care partners, family of loved ones and the one who lives it.
The topics include:
•Maintaining a respect for the personhood of each person
•Ways to help persons with dementia to continue to live purposefully
•Recognizing differences in forms of dementia
•Medications and behavioral concerns
•End-of-life care
Hosted by journalist Julie Anderson, this program features Judy Berry, Mona Johnson, G. Allen Power, MD, Richard Taylor, PhD, Sarah Rowan, PhD, and Bill Thomas, MD.
 

No comments:

Latest headlines from Alzheimer's News

Alzheimer's News